DEAN M. DREW
Dean M. Drew is the managing attorney of Drew & Carr P.C. His areas of practice include commercial and residential real estate transactions and litigation, estate planning and administration, commercial litigation and aviation law. In the aviation law area, Dean handles a broad range of matters, including regulatory issues and litigation affecting airports, FBOs, Part 135 air carriers, Part 91 operators, pilots and mechanics.
Dean is a graduate of the State University of Buffalo (B.A., 1972) and the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School (J.D., 1977). He joined his father, Dean A. Drew, in the Drew & Drew law firm, successor to Drew & Carr P.C., in 1978. Dean is admitted to practice in New York and the United States District Court for the Western District of New York and has been admitted pro hac vice in State and Federal Courts in several other jurisdictions.
Dean is a member of the American Bar Association, the Bar Association of Erie County (Federal Practice Committee), the Lawyer Pilots Bar Association and the International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association. He is a panel attorney in the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Legal Services Plan. Dean holds a commercial pilot certificate and has experience in operating piston, turboprop and jet powered aircraft.
- Bar Association of Erie County (Federal Practice Committee)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- International Aviation Transportation Safety Bar Association
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- National Business Aviation Association
- AOPA Legal Services Plan – Panel Attorney
Alana Carr joined Drew & Drew, LLP, successor to Drew & Carr P.C., in 2011 as an associate. She became partner in 2016 and a named partner in 2020. She concentrates her practice in civil and commercial litigation, and represents lenders and creditors in mortgage foreclosure actions and bankruptcy proceedings. Alana also represents family members in guardianship proceedings under Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law and is certified as a court evaluator and court-appointed attorney for alleged incapacitated persons.
Alana is a 2010 graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School where she participated in the Environmental Law Clinic, and was an associate editor for the Environmental Law Journal, Human Rights Journal and the Journal of Gender, Law and Social Policy. She graduated from SUNY Geneseo cum laude in 2007. She is an experienced violinist and a member of numerous community orchestras.
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court – Western District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Western District of New York
- Bar Association of Erie County (BAEC)
- New York Bar Association
- University at Buffalo Law Alumni Association
- Women ‘s Bar Association of the State of New York (WBASNY)- Western New York Chapter